Monday, March 31, 2008

Some of that cute stuff




So now that I'm addicted to blogging, I spend a few minutes every other day or so when I have a little time to myself (okay, that's usually in the middle of the night) checking out everyone elses' blogs. I always seem to come across these really sweet posts where people write about the cute stuff their kids do and say. Don't get me wrong, I love reading about it, and it always puts a smile on my face. Sometimes even a tear or two will form in the corner of my eye... Now Seriously. I figured if I want to be any kind of decent blogger, I'd better include some of that cute stuff in amongst my ramblings once in awhile. So where to start? Babies are always treasure troves of sweet; deep wells of cute which overflow their cuteness daily. That would be my Maycie. Now that's not to say my other kids aren't cute, because every last one of them is dang cute- even the things that they say make me laugh and tug at my heartstrings daily (except sometimes when my three year old Jack let's the farm words slip out, and if you don't know what farm words are, well, I won't elaborate). Anyways, back to cuteness. Maycie is learning to do so many new things so quickly, that I could write the world's longest post mentioning all of them. My new favorite would have to be the standing. She's been crawling now for the past couple of months, and learned to stand up holding on to things about a month ago. She pulls up to everything now, but has a hard time getting back down. We're working on that. So in the mornings and after naps (and in the middle of the night sometimes), Maycie will stand up in her crib and hang on to the rail and say "mamama" until I come to get her. Since she has a hard time getting herself back down, she'll start crying if I can't get to her for a few minutes. Either way, when I do come in the room, she'll break out the cutest, most sunniest smile you ever saw. Now if that doesn't melt your heart, you might benefit from some professional help. Anyways, one other cute standing thing- a day or so ago she pulled up to the wall in the family room where the light was hitting just right, and she entertained herself (and me) for a few minutes by trying to get her shadow. The more she waved her arm, the more the shadow would move, and the more she would try to get it. I was seriously cracking up. I wish I could have got to my camera in time, but sadly I missed that photo op. It will just have to remain etched in the memory book of my heart for always... Well, I hope you all enjoyed these few fleeting moments of sweetness, and please keep all your posts coming. Like I said, I really enjoy some good late-night reading material, and the smiles they create last for quite awhile.

4 comments:

S. said...

Such a sweetie, that Maycie Rue! She is a doll and her smiles do melt my heart! I luv her so!

Melissa O said...

Remember all these moments. Its when they pour paint on your carpet or permanent marker to their face when you want to scream bloody murder. But then you will have proof that there were these little moments and it makes it all worth it.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I love it! She is too cute, really. I agree with melissa- remember these moments..if she is anything like her siblings, there will be times when you want to ring her neck- and you will have to remember these precious moments! Oh, wait- that is my life!

Brianna E. said...

mom that is so cuit!!! meand maycie love you
lovev alivia and maycie