Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's in a name?


So now that I'm the proud parent of a blog, I've been telling people to check it out (since I don't know how to e-mail the link to people, I have to tell them). The first thing they ask is "What's the address?" and I say "evansfarm6". You may think that's a strange address for a blog, so let me explain. A few of my friends were discussing blog names and addresses the other day, and they seemed to think that clever addresses were best. Because I was about to create my own blog, I began to think about what address would be best for mine. Try as I might, I couldn't think of anything clever enough (Evans is a really boring name that doesn't rhyme or go with anything cute like Lemon Tree or Cooks Cookies). I got a little stuck on Heaven's Evans, but let's face it- that's just dumb. The Seven Evans' would have been good, except there are only six of us and that's not changing any time soon. So I finally settled on evans fam (short for family for those of you who might be reading this late at night), then had a stroke of cleverness and added an r in fam to make- drum roll, please- farm! If you're wondering why I'd want farm, my husband is a farmer and I knew he'd enjoy the plug. Besides, John Deere Dorks was already taken. I added the 6 because I like numbers in stuff, so my blog address became evansfarm6. A little nerdy, maybe, but it fits. So there you have it, folks! If you read this whole thing, tune in often for more literary tidbits of genius, or at least for a chuckle every now and then. p.s. this is the second time I've typed this since I didn't know you should save, and I deleted the first draft on accident.

4 comments:

S. said...

You are hilarious Bri! And how late did you stay up writing this post? Good Night Girl! Cause I think we all know your not up yet this morning! lol

Melissa O said...

Bri--You are quite humorous. I don't think I realized how funny you are. You are awesome. I love the blog name. It fits. I'm just really impressed that you are doing a blog when you say you have no clue how to run a computer. AWESOME JOB!!!

Hales Family said...

Brianna! I am so glad you finally figured out how to turn on your computer so you can have a blog now. I am looked forward to reading it for all the humor. When are you going to plan our scrapbook weeken? We need to get together.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Yay! You have a blog! Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever received an email from you- so when/if you need blogging help- let me know. Being the scrapbooker that you are, this is right down your alley! Oh, and I like the name-I am sure Zane does as well.