Thursday, April 3, 2008

Random thoughts from my scattered brain

I have several thoughts floating around my head that I feel like documenting tonight. The first being, I CAN'T WAIT FOR BOOKFAIR WEEK TO BE OVER TOMORROW!!! Really, It's been a long week, and I totally planned on posting the day-to-day chaos. But then I read Michelle's post on a hectic week in her life, and I decided to stop my whining. So let me just say this. I've been running the bookfairs twice a year for the past five years, and this one has just about done me in. I know a normal person could pull it off with less stress, but let's face it. I'm not really that normal. Any project which requires multi-tasking is difficult for me, but I've done it because I love the books and I love to get kids excited about reading. I think I'm going to take next year off, though, and let someone else be in charge. I'll still help out the new bookfair person, but I'll focus on a different area in the PTA. Maybe that will re-charge my juices for the following year.

Another thing I'd like to get off my chest is my total dislike of salads. We went out to eat today with the neighborhood ladies and our not-in-school kids at the local Carl's Jr. I watched some of these gals eating their salads that they had ordered, and I thought to myself, "I should be eating one of those, too." But really, I hate salads. Those little mounds of lettuce (or other weed-like greenery) are totally tasteless unless drowned in dressing, and I just can't get excited about eating them. Now hamburgers- those I love. Little patties of pre-cooked meat (I hope) sandwiched between cheese and a bun...delicious. Hey- I even put some salad on my burgers, and I love tomatoes, so I get points for that, right? So why should I feel bad about it? Every time I order a burger over a salad, I know deep down that I'm just being true to myself. And that's what we should be, right? Make sure someone puts that on my headstone when I die of a heart attack someday, okay?

Last, but most certainly not least, the highlight of my week. Now I've mentioned before how much I'm starting to love this blogging thing. One of my favorite things is to read the comments people have about the posts they've read, especially mine. So I was excited when I sat down to my computer a little while ago and pulled up my blog page- there were a few new comments I hadn't read yet. I quickly scanned the first couple, but was surprised by the last. It said from Brianna e., which is me, and I was a bit confused for a second. My cute little 9-year old had gotten on and figured out how to comment (which proves that even kids are way smarter than me about computers) and she left me the sweetest one. Let me just say how much I love that kid. She always seems to know when I could use a little pick-me-up, and that was just the medicine I needed after a hard week. Thanks Liv- I love you!

7 comments:

Melissa O said...

Book Fair Shmook Fair. Take a year off I say!!! Now if I could get away with eating burgers and look like you I totally would. Sad thing is I use to hate red meat. I couldn't stand it, until I got pregnant with GABE. I craved it terribly. So I gave into the cravings. (I think that is why he is so large) Now if I could choose a hamburger over a salad definitely! Be true to yourself. That is such good advice. And finally I love when you see your kids grow up and they do little thoughtful things that you hope they will hold onto as much as you do. Brianna I laughed so hard when I read this post. You are too cute.

S. said...

Bri, you are doing an amazing job with the book fair! I have enjoyed working it with you and I know the kids have enjoyed it as well. Without you, half of them wouldn't have there free item. lol I luv it. Anywho, take a year off if you must, but you will be greatly missed.

Secondly, but most important, Salads are meant for rabbits to eat, not humans! I tell myself that to justify those weak moments, like those dances I have with the devil, I cave from the temptation. I luv the saturated (chemically-treated-deliciousness) fat of a french fry. And the overwhelming feeling I get when a big juicy burger is placed before me is simply irresistable. So you Go Girl! And i'll be right there with ya! We'll dance together!

Last, but not least, Livie. Could she be any sweeter. I seriously melted when I read her post to you. How tender and sweet! She is a doll and I hope she does find wedded bliss with Bailey!

S. said...

sorry about the novel!

Hales Family said...

That is so cute that livie left you a message. What a smarty pants! I agree I would totally choose a hamburger over a salad. The only time salads are good is if you are at a salad bar not one of those nasty fast food salads. I say load on the calories....ha ha :) well you need to at least.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Salad isn't even a word at our house. Andrew hates them, and I agree with you- I just can't get motivated to eat them. As for the book fair- you deserve at least one year off. You work hard on those, and having been a teacher- I can imagine the stress it has caused. I told you the blogging thing gets addicting. You have to keep those posts from you coming. I love reading what you think, and seeing what your little family is up to. I have a special place in my heart for each of them- Livvy will always be my first little princess. Her post was so sweet. And then there is Wyatt. I had to practice what to do with a boy on him, and now look. I have one just like him. He will always be my first little nephew, as well. Then there is Jack- you just can't describe what joy he brings to my heart- you having a little terror like mine (or mine like yours- he was first). He gives me a good laugh and I love him to death. And then there is little Maycie. She is such a cutie and gets more so everyday. She makes me want a girl! So, I guess now that I have provided you with good comment reading- I love you all!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Oh, and I am not surprised that Livvy figured this out on her own. She is just too smart. I am waiting for the day when Gavin does the same-or writes his own post. I would not be surprised.

Julie said...

I seriously agree about salads! I watch my sister-in-law down nonstop salads all the time,and she doesn't even used dressing very often! Yuck! But more power to her, I just have to be in the right mood for a salad, and that really doesn't happen too often!

And about Livie, doesn't my son have the best taste in (little) women? ;)