Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby Love




I wonder if a little girl's fascination with dolls means she'll be a good mother someday. Alivia LOVED to play with dolls when she was little, and she is already a great little second "mom" to her baby sister Maycie. And lately, Maycie has taken to hauling around her baby doll, a cute little cabbage patch bean baby. I'll watch her from another room and she'll crawl around dragging this doll with her, then she'll stop and sit and start plastering it with kisses. When she's tired, she'll sit on my lap and watch TV with me, holding her doll on her lap. She'll rub it's tiny patch of hair on the top of it's bald head as I play with her hair. It's so stinkin' cute, but it makes me a little wistful, too. I can see the day when my daughters have their own babies, and that day is coming a little too quickly. But watching them makes me certain that they are going to be great mothers when that time comes.

6 comments:

Melissa O said...

I think that is one of the cutest things I have seen. Reese draws on them with permanent marker. What does that mean? Oh dear.
Alivia is a great 2nd mom, with everyones kids. She's always looking out for them to make sure they don't get hurt. I love it.

Alysha said...

Maycie is sooo cute!! i miss her already!!! Alivia is so good to her! you are lucky to have a good helper like her!

Anonymous said...

I love those two girls! Maycie is such a cute little baby! Alivia is a really good big sister...She's always taking care of Maycie and Maycie just loves her to death!

Kim Felt said...

So maddy never played with dolls, and she could care less about holding bryson. But kaylee, always, well still plays with dolls and she is brysons 2nd mother. I think you are on to something here. Hey, can I borrow livvy till kaylee is out of school? I need another mother around here.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Alright- this is not fair- I need a 2nd mother here. In fact, I need a third and forth on somedays. Gavin's "doll" is Tristan, and he doesn't so much care for being dragged around the house. Tell you what- I'll just send my two over to your place for your girls "practice." No..?

Michelle said...

So cute Bri. I can't believe she is one. Time is flying by. It's sad isn't it? I feel like we were just going to see you at the hospital.