Monday, April 13, 2009

Where did that come from?

This promises to be a very short post. I just think this is funny, and had to put it on the blog because I promised myself that I'd be better at posting the little, day to day things. I took a trip out to Salem today with Jack and Maycie, and as we were heading back we passed the Harry Krishna temple. Jack says, "look Mom, it's Satan's temple!" I about choked on the Pepsi I was drinking and asked him where he'd heard that. He told me he hadn't heard it anywhere, he just knew it. After I calmed my silent belly laughs, I proceeded to tell him that it was the Harry Krishna temple, which was just another church, and was not Satan's temple. I wonder if he thought that because it looks so different from our LDS temples. Anyways, I don't mean to offend any Harry Krishnas out there, it was just one of those funny things that come out of the mouths of four year olds.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jack and the things that come out of his little mouth. This isn't nearly as funny as your post but on Sunday when we were walking down to throw eggs for the seaguls, he turned around and was all concered and said "Do you have an egg?" I said "No, Cameron took it." He handed me and egg and said "Here ya go Selin!" It's funny just because i've never heard anyone call me Selin before. I don't have nicknames - mainly because you can't really make one with my name. All the kinds call me Seena because they can't say my name. Just thought I'd share. I really think it's funny though that he recognized that it wasn't one of our temples and that it was "different"

Kim Felt said...

I love little kids and thier blunt honestly. Well...sometimes. Don't forget, 10 year olds say funny things too. I cant to be old and be able to be that blunt again. :)

Loni said...

So funny! Peyton saw the same temple on a drive and said, "Look its Disneyland!" Thats one way of taking my kids to Disneyland, since they haven't been yet! I think the one in California would be funner however!

Destri said...

I can't wait for those times, too funny!

Melissa O said...

ahahahahahahahahaha

M said...

Same as Melissa O. Ahahahahahah!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I love it! The things kids say..!