Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A pincesses, a pincesses!

Yeah, I know. I haven't been on the ole' blog for about forever. I'd say I've been busy, but that would be a big fat lie- I've just been lazy. So anyways, here's the latest. Maycie has been OBSESSED with princesses lately. It all started with a particularly whiny day (her, not me) and I was trying to get her attention with something that would settle her down for a while. I grabbed a Barbie princess movie out of our DVD cupboard and put it on for her. To say she loved it would be an understatement. After watching Princess and the Pauper about a hundred times, I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went out to buy a few other Barbie princess movies just for the variety. So for the past many weeks, all anyone has been able to watch around here are Barbie princess movies, which are constantly playing on every TV in the house at once, because Maycie tends to move around from room to room and has to see them wherever she goes. We even have to have at least one Barbie movie in the car at all times or Maycie will whine until the rest of us go crazy. She's also taken to wearing tutus whenever we're in the house (I make her take them off when we go in the car) and dancing around as Barbie sings those annoying princess songs. Anyways, to get to the point of the story, you have to know that almost every princess movie ends in a wedding where Barbie marries the handsome prince. One night, I was sitting at the computer with Maycie on my lap. She loves to sit and look at pictures in my photo files with me, so I flip through the folders and she exclaims over all the people she recognizes. I happened to be going through my July 2008 photos, and a picture came up of my brother Cameron and his new bride Selina, where they were just walking out of the temple. She was dressed in her beautiful white wedding dress on the arm of my handsome little brother, with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. Maycie went berserk, clapping her hands and bouncing up and down on my lap and saying "a pincesses, a pincesses!" It was so cute. She wouldn't let me change the picture, so finally I ended up having to turn on another Barbie princess movie to distract her. But it was worth it- even tiny girls know that you should look and feel like a princess when you get married. Now if only I could get those stupid Barbie songs out of my head...

10 comments:

Destri said...

isn't funny how they are born with it! Hank's new thing is insisting to take his truck to bed! He cuddles it like a doll, crazy! I think that is adorable! I hope you saved your wedding dress!

Anonymous said...

I love that she called me a Princess! She is so so cute! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days! You're going to have to come back up and help me decorate!

Kim Felt said...

I think she loves princesses so much because she is one! That has to be it because sydney loves princess movies and we all know she's one. :)

Loni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loni said...

That is a darling story! It is amazing to me that girls know all about princesses and boys know all about trucks. It is like they just come pre-wired for it!
I remember at my wedding my little cousin coming up to me and saying you look like a princess. It was sooo cute and it made the day even funner!

Jeannie Barclay said...

So cute! It's about time for a post. Life is a little busy though huh!

Chan said...

Oh, that is so cute!!! At least you have found something to keep her busy, even if it is temporary!

The Beardall's said...

Welcome to my world. Mine is times 2. Whatever Brin does, Bridge has to do it too. Treasure this time. It is better for her to want to be a princess and not a tramp.

Jami said...

How cute!! I was just thinking I needed to do post about how Dax grabbed a little tractor and started pushing it around making truck sounds! I swear there is something in them. Boys and trucks (or tractors) and girls and dolls and princesses!! She is adorable!! And it's about time you updated!!!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Cute cute Maycie. Although she has got my BOYS hooked on those dumb movies now, thanks a lot!