Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The T Word Again

Alrighty then, so I need to do some more tags (thanks Selina and Candace) so prepare yourself for further insights into the wondrous workings of my psyche. Since I've done these ones in the past, I'll abbreviate and make them quick. First, for Candace: Tag of Eights. I did this one a few weeks ago, so scroll down aways to see my answers. But to expound upon that genius insight, I'm gonna copy Melissa and add another category.

Stuff That Drives Me Crazy (in other words, things that bug me):

1. Organized people that are so with it they have time to update their blogs daily, their scrapbooks are always caught up, and they can find their kids' homework because there's no clutter all over their counters (okay, yeah- if I better managed my time, then I could probably do all that too).
2. When I'm late for things, the Man upstairs decides that it's a good time to learn me patience and I hit all the stinking traffic lights red. When I'm not late for things (which is rare) the lights are miraculously all green. Weird, huh?
3. The fact that my husband can cook better than me 90% of the time.
4. When my husband knows more about something than I do (even if I know nothing about a particular subject, I'll try to fake it so he doesn't start believing that he's smarter than me), or in other words, when he's right and I'm wrong!
5. When I've just finished doing all the dishes and started the dishwasher only to walk in another room and find dishes that SOMEONE left for me to clean up. OR when I'm putting away the LAST load of freshly folded laundry in my kids' rooms only to sniff out a few smelly pairs of briefs that they've stuffed under their beds.
6. When my kids (and husband) junk their shoes, dirty clothes, etc. anywhere they want expecting that Maid- I mean Mom- will just clean it up as usual.
7. When my kids (and husband) leave empty food packages in the pantry or fridge instead of throwing them away. There's nothing that can grate the ole nerves more than when you're tired after a long afternoon of washing other peoples' dirty underwear, and you just want to sit down a relax with a few oreos, so you reach for that blue package that's supposed to be full of deliciously fattening goodness, only to find that it's empty. Where's my sledge hammer? I need to smash some stuff.
8. When you walk into the bathroom that you'd just finished cleaning into antibacterial perfection not an hour ago only to find that someone- probably one of your sons- (hopefully not your husband) missed. A sledge hammer's not gonna do it.

Anyways, there's probably many more choice annoyances that I could include, but these eight were fresh on the mind, so they'll have to do. The next tag is for Selina. Since I'm running low on time, see the April 7th tag post in my Archives. That's the same one, except for 5 favorite snacks, so I'll add that here:

1. Sour patch kids, bright crawlers, mini rainbow frogs, Swedish fish aqua life, etc.
2. Milk duds, sugar babies, bit-o-honeys, etc.- you see where I'm going with this.
3. Double stuff oreos, snicker doodles, and soft molasses cookies with milk.
4. Homemade caramel popcorn, or warm caramel covered apple slices from the fair.
5. Smores, doughnuts, hot chocolate, and hot spiced cider- all the cold weather, out-doorsy kinds of treats.

There's so many other treats that I love that it's hard to narrow it down to just a few favorites. Anyways, now I have to have covered just about every tag in the book, so I should be good for a while, or until someone thinks up a new one!

1 comment:

M said...

We are two peas in a pod, Bri. Love your additional "8".